This is a super easy quick side for summer time meals. I found last week Ore-ida Potatoes on sale (buy one get one!) I couldn’t resist. I bought 4 bags (of course I got hash browns and chopped potatoes and onions for breakfast) but, I’m not a fan of baked fries alone, so we jazzed up these bad boys for the kids favorite summer side!
How to make the BEST cheese fries:
- Spray Tinfoil with Pam or drizzle with a dab of Olive Oil. (I prefer Olive Oil but whatever makes it stick less to the foil works)
- Place a handful of fries in a tinfoil pouch.
- Place a small sliver of butter on top of the frozen fries.
- Cover fries with mixed Colby Jack cheese.
- Add a sprinkle of Bacon Bits (I used left over bacon from breakfast!)
- Add a half teaspoon of chives.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
Instead of bacon you could also add a pulled pork and drizzle the cheese with BBQ sauce making pulled pork cheese fries; or buffalo sauce and blue cheese for, buffalo cheese fries! The options are endless!
I cooked this for about 35-40 minutes until the cheese was good and melted. I serve it up in the pouch!
I hope you enjoy, this really simple, and (quick) cheesey fries for your next meal.. This would also probably work on the grill! It makes an incredible summer side dish too!
What would you add to your fries?