Yesterday, I got a post to my Facebook, She Seams Sew Crafty that, Dara (you know us Dara’s need to stick together!) from, Living Story Blog, telling me that she had nominated me for the Liebster Award! Now, if you’re not a blogger, you probably have no idea or have never heard about this award, since I am brand new to the blogging world I had to do my research.
This is what I found: Liebster is sorta like a chain letter for bloggers, it helps them network, but instead of something bad happening if you do not wish to pass the award on to other bloggers, then nothing bad will happen, if you do choose as a nominee to not participate you can go on your marry way. If you do choose to participate in your own words you must explain about the Liebster Award, give thanks to the blogger prior who nominated you, and answer 11 questions and in turn ask 11 questions! (yep pretty simple!) Its a great way to actually sit down take some time and really go through some blog posts. (I know a lot of us our busy, I get it right now we have three sick people in our house, including myself, and my cell phone went swimming in the toilet this morning!)
Let me futher explain the Liebster Award, it is an online blogging award given to bloggers, by bloggers. It is supposed to give new bloggers with less than 200 followers on any social media platform to help network and get a chance to be put in the spotlight by another blogger who is just like you and me starting out!
To accept this award, we need to do these 3 things:
1. Acknowledge and thank the person who nominated me.
2. Answer 11 questions posed to me by the person who picked me.
3. Nominate 11 other new bloggers for the award, and provide them with my own set of 11 questions to answer.
Sounds like fun, no? then I get to display the beautiful award on my side bar for all to see. Pretty snazzy, right?
Dara is a wonderful blogger who enjoys music, following her faith, and her family. I enjoy reading all about her and her wonderful family today! Thank you for considering me for the award. I strongly recommend you check out her site. Its pretty neat stuff. You can do so by checking out, Living Story. Thank you again, Dara for thinking of me!
Now I’ll answer Dara’s 11 questions about, ME…
1. Why do you blog? I started blogging because, I would post all my up-cycles, cleaning hacks, sewing projects and recipes on my personal Facebook, and found myself explaining over and over how I made this or that, so it dawned on me one day I should just share all my stories and how-to’s on a blog! And so I could just direct everyone to one post, BAM!! She Seams Sew Crafty was born.
2. How did you come up with a name for your blog? I ADORE crafting, while my blog has “sewing” references, I don’t only sew, I garden, cook, and up-cycle stuff from lamps, to picture frames, to furniture I find thrifting or gifted. I’m a jack of all trades, it helps my husband is in construction, he does help me if I run into stumps or hiccups, which is why I enjoy sharing my projects and how-to’s because not everyone’s husband can build a house from the ground up, he tells me if I’m using the wrong tool, or what tool I should be using for my projects which saves me hours, (thanks Hubs!). I like finishing my projects and i’ll think, “well how could I make that easier for everyone else?”
3. Can you tell me a little about your family? I love my family. My husband and I met when I was 15 and he was 16, (we are 30…ish now.) He was dating someone else and we were just friends. We lost contact and then later found each other after we were in our early 20’s. We got married October 10th, 2010 (yep, 10-10-10 is our lucky day) and then had Addisyn followed by Elias not long after. Mya our oldest is from a previous relationship, my husband and I are in the legal process of him adopting her.
4. How often do you blog? As much as possible.I’m a blog-aholic so to speak.. I have so many ideas and posts I want to share, I sometimes have to slow down. I try to get at least 2 posts in a week, even if its just a quick printable, I love sharing FREEBIES.
5. What goals do you have for your writing/blog? I hope to become a better writer, I do not claim to be the best writer, but I am funny, so I hope to bring both of those things in the future.
6. What do you like most about blogging? Meeting other new, great, fabulous bloggers, and reading some pretty great things.. I also just enjoy sharing my stuff with others, (like the crib cleaning hack, I seriously searched for years on how to clean a crib, those suborn milk stains wouldn’t budge.) If one of my posts help at least one person, then I’m one happy gal.
7. What do you like least about blogging? I really didn’t think taking pictures would be so hard! It takes a lot of time and creativity to have great pictures, I envy some bloggers that have amazing photo taking skills.
8. What causes are you passionate about? Share them with me! I volunteer for a non-profit that helps low income families put cloth diapers on babies. I enjoy it, I love helping others, at one time I was someone who needed the help too.
9. If you could only let people know one thing about you, what would it be? I’m the most giving, gracious person. I care to a fault at times.
10. What is your favorite type of music and why? I love all music, I’m a product of the 1980’s (ish) and really like 80’s, classic 50’s music, classic rock, 90’s alternative, rock, RnB, Breaks, techno, you name it, I listen to it, the only thing I’m not too crazy about is country music.. (sorry, I try!)
11. What is your most embarrassing moment? Wow. I’m not sure, Im typically pretty shy, so maybe I have to many? or not enough. I’ll have to get back to this one!
AND THE NOMINEES ARE…….
1. Amanda@ A Real Life Country Housewife
2. Becky@ Momma Naylor
3. Meredith@ Mere Raises A Baby
4. Jessica@ Lovely Mrs. Long’s Crunchy Baby Blog
5. Avery@ AK Reviews
6. Keianna@ Mompreneur Ink
7. Debra@ Simply Caribbean
8. Iris@ This Little Cabin By The Creek
9. Amy@ Gathering Grain
10. Krista@ Growing Grace and Beauty
11. Diane@ Christmas Country Mom
CONGRATULATIONS, LADIES DO ME PROUD!!!
To accept your award, answer my 11 questions (below), and when you are finished, please let me know so I can read your answers, you may tag me on Facebook, or leave me a comment right here and I’ll check it out. (this is the fun part)
Be sure to link back to the person or blog who nominated you to give them a big thanks!! Then, nominate 11 other bloggers with fewer than 200 followers on any social media platform, and give them your own 11 questions to answer.
Notify your nominees, and give them the link to your post so that they can find the instructions on how to accept the award.
Ok – Here are my questions for you!
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- What inspires you to write?
- Is blogging a hobby or a job?
- What are your goals for your blogs?
- Tell me about your family!
- What do you do besides blog? work? Stay at home?
- What are your passions?
- How often do you blog?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What are some goals you have for your blog?
- Whats the most difficult thing you have found about blogging?